The Santa Monica Bay is home to numerous types of gamefish. From Rocky Point to the south up to Point Dume in the north, Marina del Rey Sportfishing fishes them all. Seasonal gamefish include Halibut, Sand Bass and Calico Bass , Barracuda , White SeaBass, and yellowtail. Wherever the bite is best Marina Del Rey Sportfishing will be there.
Our boats have a well earned reputation for finding and catching fish in the Santa Monica Bay. Our “never give up” attitude has earned us a loyal following, and beginners and pros alike who love to fish join us on some of the newest and nicest boats in Southern California.
Marina del Rey Sportfishing offers open party, half-day, and three-quarter day fishing year round and all boats are available for private charter.
Marina Del Rey Sportfishing - Los Angeles Fishing Charters
Fun, Safe, Affordable Outings for you, your families, groups and clubs.
Ideally located in Marina del Rey, California, our U.S. Coast Guard Licensed vessels offer a variety of Los Angeles fishing trips for beginners and pros alike. Daily open party and private fishing charters and seasonal whale watching. Marina del Rey Sportfishing has the right fishing trip for individuals and groups alike.
We offer a variety of trips for individual and groups including:
- Daily Open Party Sportfishing trips
- Twilight Fishing from May to September
- Private fishing Charters
- Whale Watching
Marina del Rey Sport fishing Boats offer:
- Friendly Professional Crews
- Personalized Service
- Our ‘A’ Rated Galley Service
- Rod Rentals & Tackle
- Fish Cleaning & Packaging
- Fishing Licenses
Important Information About Your Trip
- Cash Only. No Checks or Credit Cards
- Tackle rental (rod, reel, etc.): $10.00
- Active military ride for child’s fare on all boats
- A Valid Fishing License is required for anyone OVER the age of 15
- All boats carry CA One Day Fishing Licenses aboard
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, ice chests, coolers, firearms and explosives may not be brought aboard.
“FISH SMART: Support the Sportfishing Association of California (SAC) boats and Landings!. SAC works and Lobbies to preserve Ocean Sportfishing in CA! Many So Cal boats and landings do not contribute nor assist yet ride along for free on the work done by SAC. Fish Smart. Fish on SAC boats and your Sportfishing Dollar goes to help preserve the future of Sportfishing in CA. ALWAYS ask if the boat you are considering is a SAC member…”
Seasonal gamefish include Halibut, Sand Bass, Calico Bass, Barracuda, White Sea Bass, and Yellowtail. Wherever the bite is best Marina Del Rey Sportfishing in Los Angeles will be there
What to Bring
- Wear Flat shoes
- Light jacket or sweat shirt
- CASH ONLY! No checks or credit cards.
Dock fishing in Marina del Rey is an inexpensive and enjoyable way to spend a few relaxing hours wetting a line. Halibut, Sargo, Smelt, Yellowfin, Croaker, Perch, and Mackerel are common catches.